Thursday 25 February 2016

McCalls 7191- party in the back!

It's been a long time since I've made up a woven top with bust darts!!! So glad I did. This McCalls 7191 is a little gem.
No nonsense in the front- party in the back!
Basically sewed up itself. I used a nice weighty, drapey stable georgette in the front plaid and a flowy - not really sure- poly semi sheer ??? Poka dots on the back.


The two back cross over pieces were to be cut out on the bias, but I changed this up because it would have drove me crazy with everything going every which way. I needed to match my plaids!!! The recipe looked like it had enough give in the shoulder area for arm movement. And thank heaven I was right. I tend to be small in the back but I could see how for some, bias could be critical for fit and comfort.
The v- neck has a refreshing facing, lightly interfaced. The back neck edge has a bias binding. I made this a while back and I seem to remember it a touch confusing to figure, but it turned out beautiful none the less.
I made view C with the short set in sleeves of B. I shortened them to suit me.

Overall I'm very happy with my top. I like where the back length falls.
And I think I achieved a descent match up.
No alterations needed, size 10 out of the envelope. This one is a keeper. I would like to make up a few more or try view D with out the crossover back... Maybe in light weight linen....mmmm.
Thanks for stopping by.
Maureen

1 comment:

nhuthuy said...

Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

An Thái Sơn chuyên võng điện máy đưa võng hay võng điện cho bé và chia sẻ kinh nghiệm giúp quý khách biết cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như máy đưa võng loại nào tốt nhất cho giấc ngủ của bé.