Saturday 13 December 2014

McCalls 7020

So easy, this little top! It's basically all rectangles. If you are looking for something fitted then this is not the pattern for you. McCalls 7020
I have read a few reviews on this one and learned it was very loose fitting, so I decided to make it extra small. I am usually an 8-10 size. My plan worked out because I didn't end up overwhelmed in fabric. I used a really light weight fleece from the stash. This could have been a disaster if the fleece was heavy or thick.

 

I decided to jazz it up a bit using some textured faux leather on the sleeve fronts which is very current in RTW these days . I just eye balled the size and shape. Then using a small zig zag stitch all around. Being careful not to let it wave. A Teflon foot helped it glide over the fabric.

I thought I would change up the neckline by using the faux leather as a binding - this was a disaster! It was all wonky and wouldn't play nice at all. Somehow I recovered it by attaching a stand up collar that I rolled over and tacked down. I wasn't happy with it but my sister dropped over as I was trying It on and she said she liked it so just I went with it. I have worn it a few times and have received lots of compliments so I guess it looks better then I originally believed. I will make it again in a light weight sweater knit and I promise to follow the instructions next time!
It's warm and cozy to wear and right now that makes me happy!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: