Monday 22 December 2014

Festive MAGAM December Dress

I love this dress pattern! Newlook 6071. To bad it it's out of print.
I used a stretch velvet burnout with a delicate damask pattern. The fit was perfect right out of the envelope. I made the size 10.
The original version had an A- line skirt,but I decided to shorten and pencil it in. For this fabric I just thought it gave it that little extra something. Ok-less dowdy. I also made the sleeves 3/4 length. I finished the hems with a wide double needle, which looks very nice. The husband agreed!
Yes, I am standing in front of a table cloth. It's so dark and cloudy this time of the year , I just can't catch any light no matter what time of the day. So this will have to do. I finished it two weeks ago and was afraid I'd never get a picture of it.
I have already cut it out again, but with a cap sleeve and maxi length using a border print. I will lay it aside for now and pick it up when spring threatens.
Now I'm ready for Christmas with my festive little black dress.
Thanks for stopping by.

 

No comments: