Tuesday 25 March 2014

Burda Style Waistcoat 11/2012#137

This little gem got me through our damp and chilly winter. I know it doesn't look like much on my dress form and the colour I chose looks a bit blah but in real time it's a beauty. With the addition of some "self drafted" pockets (winged it),it quickly became my go to cardi.
Grey, or as my husband Ron likes to call it, light black. I prefer to call it neutral.
I made it up in a medium weight, micro fiber knit with a waffle type weave, which I bought at Fabricland last year. I did make the belt too but it makes me look like a sack of potatoes tied in the middle and it interferes with my pockets. It was completely sewn on the serger. For the finished edges I used a wide 2 thread wrap stitch. I used black for contrast and with the wrap stitch it almost gives it a binding look.
I might caution you this is a long waistcoat and falls well below your bottom, almost to the back of your knees. This looks great styled with turtle necks or t-shirts, jeans and boots. My kind of look.
 
 
 

No comments: